How much HorsePower would all these mods equal on a stock 5.7 vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W&OSierra

Reaction score
So here is the parts list:

T70 Turbo Charger
K&N Cold Air Intake
LT4 Camshaft
Throttle Body Spacer
Super 10 muffler

Thanks just looking for a total.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not as many as if you threw a Summit Racing sticker on the back window!
Seriously though, one would need to know the boost of the turbo. Whether you were using an intercooler or not. The type of fuel being used. How good the tuner is. Which LT4 cam you are using (production or hot?). A throttle body spacer is worthless on a Vortec anyway even more so on forced induction. Typically you were not going to see a Flowmaster on a forced induction build, that doesn't mean that it is wrong it is just not a common muffler.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
There's no way to know for sure, due to boost pressure variances, engine wear levels and fuel system wear/cloggedness, and other random variables. The only way to know for sure until you do it and dyno it.

For future reference, turbos make boost which makes power, not the turbo itself. Most turbos have a wastegate that is adjustable, causing different levels of boost possible creating variances in power.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Definitely over 1000 hp!

Er...no...

Honestly... I would put that money into an engine swap. The 5.7 Vortec just isn't an engine I would dump that much time and money into modifying because the end result would only be mediocre at best.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Side note, don't buy a K&N CAI. I own one, would not buy it again. Your factory intake flows just fine and actually pulls cool air from the factory hole in the fender. The K&N just pulls warm air out of the engine compartment. If you have to have an aftermarket intake for some reason at least get a Volant.

W&OSierra

Reaction score
Thanks everyone who replied. I'm kinda a new comer to Turbos and stuff. I think I might just invest into a Duramax or Cummins Motor and see what I do from there

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but it seems like you have no clue what you're talking about based on your parts list. I suggest doing some research. What is your goal?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
If you want to go forced induction, look into a 4.8 ls swap. They are mild boost ready and cheap since everyone wants a 5.3 or 6.0. Don't go crazy with the boost though. That 4.8 is probably already making more power than a stock 5.7 I would have no doubts on finding a low mile 4.8, going through the heads and freshening them up, checking the bottom end and running about 8 psi for starts and slowly upping to maybe 10-13 psi. Research is key though. Read up before you even think about turning wrenches. Don't get in to deep. Know your boundaries.

And if you over boost that 4.8, drop a few hundred on the next and dial it back a bit :lol: I'd bet the trans would go before the engine did. Then again, I don't trust the 4l60e.

A-Z Auto

Reaction score
I just did a vortec 5.7 swap into my 92 1500 that has 150 psi on all 8 & pcm was programmed & im guessing 325hp by the way it runs