How man exhaust systems have you had?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97sierra5.0

Reaction score
What kind of muffler did you start out with? lol Im not sure what to call that.

I've had a quiet a few people want me to make some the flowmaster "10 series" I made for my truck.

That is the Cherrybomb Extreme. was cheaper than the flowmaster, with basically the same design. I believe it cost me about $46.

kyle.kbelt

Reaction score
Only three so far....

Stock cat into 24" glasspack out the back into 3.5x 24" dual tips
same setup with flowmaster 40 series muffler
Now im running a 3" Cherrybomb extreme with the 24" tips welded onto it.

Its loud as hell, but I like the way it sounds. Im sure the neighbors dont like it, but they havent complained yet, so I'm keepin it.

Ghetto/redneck much?
You must be registered for see images attach

Hahaha, that setup is awesome!!! I have had two with my truck that ive had for almost a year now. It's got a 305 and i first put a single dynomax muffler on but then i decided to cut the whole ****** system off. HAHAHA I havent been pulled over yet and its ****** loud haha. but its a single outlet. Does anyone have any measurements to make an easy dual exhaust?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like the title says, how many have you had on your truck? I have had 9 since I've owned it. I just like different sounds. I think I've done them all from stock tail pipe locations to duals, to dumps, and side exit. I always wanted to try wheel well exit though.

Here my home brew blowmasters 40's cut down into 10 series.

and here is some blowmaster super 40's

and the last setup before I wrecked it. This sounded the best with some mangaflow 14" case 2.5" center in/out

umm is there a write up for this 10 series? im interested if so or if you can explain it well enough ill just make one!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well im onto another dont know how many its been. but i got my ten series flowmaster and stainless duals straight to the back very good looking and sounding. soon to add the true dual and another ten. also all stainless. everything except for the muffler. i waterjetted some stainless 3/8s exhaust flanges ( stock design ) but i think im going to get some stock replacement style stainless headers before i go into the true duals. its 2.5 tubing mandrel bent and stainless welds/ hangers you name it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
4 setups.

Stock 4.3L Manifolds.
Stock 4.3L Y-Pipe
Butchered 2.5" Pipe to Stock Muffler
2.25" Single Out to 2.5" Chrome tip.

Stock 4.3L Manifolds
Stock 4.3L Y-Pipe
Same butchered 2.5" Pipe to stock Muffler
Dumped

Flowtech Shorty Headers with 3" Collectors on a 350 SBC
Stock 4.3L Y-Pipe cut and welded with new collectors.
2.25" Pipe to Flowmaster 40 Series Right under cab.
No Tail Pipes.

This was REALLY loud and i loved it but i was getting sick from it so on to #4

4. The Best so Far!

Flowtech Shorty Headers
4.3L Y-Pipe Modded for headers
2.25" Pipe
Flowmaster 40 right under cab
Dual 45*s turned to to the side.
3" Slash Cut Tips.

Only video i have.

http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/Low_Orange/?action=view&current=MOV01285.flv

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My GMC has only had 2 different exhausts.

Stock manifolds, factory cats, y pipe, factory muffler, factory tail pipe

Stock manifolds, Thunderbolt cats, dual exhaust, dual Flowmaster 40s, stainless tips behind the tires

Hopefully soon it will get headers and an H pipe.

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1. Stock exhasut
2. stock manifolds, stock cats, 2 25" thrush glasspacks dumped before axle
3. Stock manifolds, stock cats, flowmaster 70 dual exit catback, 2.5" piping, 3"X9" flowmaster tips
4. stock manifolds, stock cats, same flowmaster piping, thrush welded muffler, 3.5X10" tips (chopped off now and dumped after axle)

bowtiefreak

Where am I?
Reaction score
1) stock
2) added Borla Catback
3) 4 sets of headers, headman units all sucks. 3 sets broke unitl I landed on some nice JBAs
4) got tired of blowing out cats and got the Magnaflow Y pipe and cats

Very happy with it now

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a couple I tried out when I did my exhaust. on a 350 TBI 92.

-Started with factory everything. Manifolds y into single 3 from cat to muffler, then into 2 1/4 dual behind p/s tire.
-next was cut the stock muffler off and place a borla xr1 in place of it. Sounded awesome! but not really that loud...
-few days later we took the cat off and placed the borla xr1 where the cat use to be..... That was REALLY REALLY loud. but in an honest opinion was best sounding truck I have heard, and was VERY bassy sounding. Really sounded like a racecar.
-Finally got tailpipes with the set-up of 3 inch single in the xr1, then a y into dual 2 1/2 out the back to 3 1/2 tips. Sounds good and definitely daily driver suitable.