How do you heat your shop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I got one of the HF ones with the two heater heads, and it works ok. It won't make it "toasty" warm, but keeps the chill off. I think I'll still eventually get one like in my first post and add to this one. One good thing is I've burned this one for at least 10 hrs on high and haven't used up one 20lb bottle yet.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I got one of the HF ones with the two heater heads, and it works ok. It won't make it "toasty" warm, but keeps the chill off. I think I'll still eventually get one like in my first post and add to this one. One good thing is I've burned this one for at least 10 hrs on high and haven't used up one 20lb bottle yet.

Just build a fire!! :lol:

Sent from the frito crumb covered Android via Tapatalk 2

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the process of building/finishing our garage as we speak, it's a 24x24 garage with an 8 foot ceiling. Concrete floor, insulated walls, metal roof with an attic. No insulation on the top part though, just wood. We're putting in a wood burning stove in the middle of the back wall. We're using a propane tank with the torch head on the top but it just uses too much propane to be practical and gets expensive quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
We use a wood burner it heats our house our shed and my moms salon

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Furnace that Runs on Diesel. If it or my truck runs out I just transfer fuel:rofl:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I use one like in the first post, too. But the one I have has 2 burners on it. Fire up both on high for about 15 minutes, then turn it off. When it starts to cool down again, I'll just fire up one side, on low. A 20lb. tank will last 3 weeks to a month. $20.00/fill. This is in my 20'x30' work space part of the shop with 8' ceilings.
Only prob. though, is I have to heat the shop up to about 72* or more, then turn off the heater before I start to spray any glue. I'll then start up a window fan & evacuate the fumes before the propane heater gets fired up again. Otherwise, BOOM!
I also use an electric heater if I run outa propane late at night & the gas stations with propane are closed. But that gets expensive real fast!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I open up the garage door and let the outside heat in, during december/january when it can be chilly i use an electric space heater