How do you heat your shop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
You want pics???? Ok!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

I only wish it were this clean now!!!! :rofl:

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I like the propane ones myself

I dont have a garage but if I did Id have it setup with central and gas furnace but thats cause I get cheap and thats what I do

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont have a shop, but a 2.5 car garage with no insulation and very old and drafty, i have a 75k torpedo kerosene heater,

gf dad has a slightly bigger garage and he uses a 150k torpedo heater and a wood burner, and it gets so warm you can work in just a tshirt if its 0* out after awhile

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
My uncle resto's old cars. Built a 2 story house, bottom floor is 7 garage bays. 1 paint booth, 1 body work room, 1 room with a bathroom and tv, 3 rooms for car storage, and 1 room with a lift. All heated by a wood furnace!

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
only downside of the wood burning stove is that it takes awhile to heat up a larger area, and you have to keep putting wood on it

a few guys i know have a kerosene heater to get the garage warmed up while they get the wood burner going good

when i get my own place and a nice garage/shed/shop, i plan on a 150k kerosene heater, either a wood burner or a propane/ng industrial style heater with good insulated walls and make sure there isnt alot of drafts

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the single below to heat my 2 car garage in the winter. I find myself turning it down/off after an hour or two as sometimes it gets too warm. I run a small business installing automotive remote starters thru the winter months and generally just wear a sweatshirt/jeans and this is my only heat. I usually refill the propane 2-3 times a winter. On Saturdays/Sundays, I usually am in the garage all day. Last year was a relatively mild winter and I think I only filled the propane tank once.

You must be registered for see images

That all said, I'd like to do a more permanent radiant setup, but really don't have the height in my home garage. My buddy's body shop has 15-18ft ceilings with Nat Gas Radiant Tubes in the ceiling - awesome heat! I plan to build a detached garage and want to go with heated concrete floors.

Do you have any condensation issues with the propane heater? My old man has a vent-free gas wall heater and the condensation is terrible. Anything stored on the top shelf gets covered in thick rust pretty quick.

I don't have heat currently, but I really want one of the radiant tubes. They cost about 5x as much as a wall heater, but I like the sealed combustion and radiant heat idea. My ceiling is only 10' though, and even mounting at a 45* angle I'm tight on the recommended combustible clearances. Heated floors are absolutely the best...but it's a little late for me on that one.

Here's the best pic I have of the garage online: 24x24x10. Has R13 in the walls and R30 in the ceiling which already helped immensely.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited: