How do you heat your shop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I was going to suggest a bullet heater that runs off kerosene. It would keep it warmer, but its noisier and gives a faint smell of kerosene

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the single below to heat my 2 car garage in the winter. I find myself turning it down/off after an hour or two as sometimes it gets too warm. I run a small business installing automotive remote starters thru the winter months and generally just wear a sweatshirt/jeans and this is my only heat. I usually refill the propane 2-3 times a winter. On Saturdays/Sundays, I usually am in the garage all day. Last year was a relatively mild winter and I think I only filled the propane tank once.

You must be registered for see images

That all said, I'd like to do a more permanent radiant setup, but really don't have the height in my home garage. My buddy's body shop has 15-18ft ceilings with Nat Gas Radiant Tubes in the ceiling - awesome heat! I plan to build a detached garage and want to go with heated concrete floors.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I usually just eat a couple bowls of chili.... Heats the room I'm in right up.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
7200 sq-ft. and just a pretty big waste oil furnace.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
I was going to suggest a bullet heater that runs off kerosene. It would keep it warmer, but its noisier and gives a faint smell of kerosene

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

I think they sound bad ass lol and they heat up the place QUICK!