How do I pick out shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Upper hoop:
You must be registered for see images attach

Lower mounting point:
You must be registered for see images attach

Hope this helps. But like Dirty said I'm not too sure how much a shock will help. But i have seen a red Tahoe on 44s and the 5150 Bilsteins helped out his truck

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Can't help you with your shock question, but I can say

DAMN that's a SWEEEETT truck!!!!

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
best bet is to get a measurement on how far it is with the suspension at full droop and at full compression and order a set of the bilstien 5150 series shocks

i would highly suggest you get some different tires if you plan on drive that more, those big huge boggers will not last very long on the road at all

:word:

personally id give bilstien a call and tell them your situation so they can help ya out on what shock to pick out

heavrolet9894

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No i didn't trade my white truck for it. I traded a 96 Camaro Z28 for it. I'm going to pick up a whole parts truck this sunday for the tranny, bumpers, and whatever else looks good so it will be getting cleaned up. I need to find a place to get a dual shock hoop or just end up making my own and then I'll make some raised mounts for the axle to try and shorten the length of the shock. Right now my top mount to bottom mount messurement is 27".

heavrolet9894

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright I just read over all the post and I'll try to answer all the questions at once. The truck was originally 4wd with a NP241. It still has the 241 with a divorced 205 behind it . The previous owner modified the tcase shifter to work the 205 which is nice. The po also cut all the stock taps off the frame so I cant use the factory shock mounts. The truck is not going to be a DD but I'm sure when the mood hits me I'll drive in through town just to mess with all my buddies. I will get more pics of the whole front end setup as soon as I can. If you want anymore info or pics just as and I'll do my best. I haven't been on here lately or done anything to the truck yet because I just had to suddenly move and I'm trying to get all my **** setup at my buddies house so I can work on the truck. It will be running and driving this weekend as soon as I pick up my parts truck. I'm pretty excited to see how she does at the local mud hole. I'm aiming to have everything done by new years eve to go to redneck yacht club.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
That truck looks rough to me, Im curious to see what kind of work went in to that SAS, close up pics please.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Look up wfoconcepts.com, offroadunlimited.com or offroaddirect.com for shock hoops. I think Sky and Offroad Designs also do SAS kits and may sell you the parts you need

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see some pics of the lift and the transfer cases. Like all the previous post I had an 87 K5 Jimmy with 6in of lift and 35's with the Bilstein 5150's and the truck rode great. Your truck looks great, just need more pics.