Hood Scoops!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trlrider

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanting to put a functional hood scoop on my '93 Suburban.
Looking at what is out there and really want something different.

any kool scoop ideas out there. I do have body working skills and can do it out of metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber. Just lack the imagination for something other then the old standard cowl hood. Does need to be functional.

TIA!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always consider bad weather ramifications for your hood scoop. Does water pool on top of your motor? If you're driving and water gets splashed into the inlet, is it going into the motor?

My Mustang has a shaker hood, and there is a plastic flange on the motor that catches rain water and drains it off to the side. If water gets splashed into the scoop, it goes through the factory air cleaner box before it goes into the intake tract, and the box is designed to separate splashes of water.

When I cut a hole in my Jaguar's hood and put a street scoop on it, it started getting rain water in the oil. The water would pool on top of the motor until it found a way to seep in. I started laying a trash bag over the top of the motor, but now I have a shop and park it inside. Water usually doesn't pool on race tracks (except Sebring), so big splashes aren't a consideration.
View media item 32274

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I always wanted to see what one of these looked like on a GMT400

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

any kool scoop ideas out there. I do have body working skills and can do it out of metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber. Just lack the imagination for something other then the old standard cowl hood. Does need to be functional.

TIA!
I'm having flashbacks of FSC clowning the hell out of that kid with the twin stick-on hood scoops

Richard

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score

Ilija Kovacevic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

TIA!
Check out up22 fiberglass. They have a ton of cool fiberglass scoops available