High mileage bragging rights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

What?

Reaction score
My previous 4.3 RCLB went over 310k when I sold it. It's being passed through multiple owners from what I was told and seen on local ads. About 330k.

2nd motor and original transmission.

Best thing to keep transmission going (for me anyhow) flush and fill twice twice a year. Once before summer, and another after summer.

Kudos to you all able to keep the same vehicle going for so long. Nifty to see high miles on these trucks

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
My GMT 800 03 Silverado 1500 ECSB 2WD 4.8l had 453000 miles on the original engine and exhaust when I sold it. Frank's only up to 235000 ish on this odometer and I drove it for a few weeks with either no speedo or the cluster from the 'Burb in it. The goal is 500000 before I die. After that I won't really care.:p

I want a turbo 4.8 for both Frank and Betty.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Ford’s Cologne engines?
Real pieces of junk designed or manufactured in Cologne, Germany. Can’t remember which.

I had a ‘87 Ranger with the 2.9 liter V6, the crappiest piece of crap of them all. I think they averaged around 100-150K miles. I managed to milk mine for 480K miles. Damn thing sounded like a diesel lawnmower with asthma after being kicked in it’s balls.
:anitoof::doublepuke: