High mileage bragging rights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Just curious who else has high mileage trucks they still use. My 4.3 finally gave up this morning at 308k miles(just a head gasket but the valve seals are gone,so are the rings lol)
My stepside has 342k miles
I also had a z71 in highschool with 317k on it

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
My wife has 212k on her '92. Tree dollas & fifty cents and a do-it-yourself transmission. No leaks! Doesn't use/lose/burn oil! I'm mighty impressed with it given the physical condition of the body when we got it. My '89 had burned up the exhaust valve in cylinder 1 when we got it, had 225k on it and who knows how long it was driven like that. New used engine that was put in it has 85k less miles on it. Don't think it qualifies for this thread though.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah buddy, doesn't he have like 472 thou or something on his Burb? His is only 1 year older than mine. Mine only had 130 thou on it when we got it in 13, and it's been parked for long periods several times since then. Wasn't meant to be our daily driver; it just keeps going when everybody else doesn't want to.....what can I say,it's a 400!
I have seen 400s and even some 800s that look like they should be in pick a part, but they're still going, getting it done!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah buddy, doesn't he have like 472 thou or something on his Burb? His is only 1 year older than mine. Mine only had 130 thou on it when we got it in 13, and it's been parked for long periods several times since then. Wasn't meant to be our daily driver; it just keeps going when everybody else doesn't want to.....what can I say,it's a 400!
I have seen 400s and even some 800s that look like they should be in pick a part, but they're still going, getting it done!

Your both right. 472k miles gonna hit 473 real soon.

You must be registered for see images attach