High mileage bragging rights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has 274k on the original motor and trans. The most mileage I've seen on an obs was coincidentally a suburban. The last time I seen it, it was at around 500k. It was a 98 with a 5.7. I know it was on the original motor because dad was the mechanic on it since it was a couple years old. But the guy who owned bred and sold fighting roosters so he racked up a ton of highway miles. That's where the majority of the mileage came from.

Wild Willie

Reaction score
Just curious who else has high mileage trucks they still use. My 4.3 finally gave up this morning at 308k miles(just a head gasket but the valve seals are gone,so are the rings lol)
My stepside has 342k miles
I also had a z71 in highschool with 317k on it

My 98 Silverado 305 has 490000 k on it. About 300000 miles. Still does not burn oil in between changes. Runs like a charm.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Seen a post on Facebook earlier of a guy that had a crew cab dually with over a million miles on it. Not sure if he’s on here but it was an old roofing truck i think. Don’t think it was the original engine or trans but still damn impressive

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

As I bought it. First start at 7am, standing outside of the truck, reached in and turned the key. Fired right up, no smoke, no stumbles. I knew I wanted it at that point.

I owned a '98 Ford Ranger Sport that finally lost compression on 2 of its 4 cylinders at 478,××× miles. I worked at a Ford dealership at the time. It was ordered new by them and accumulated 460k miles before selling it to me for $1.

Last edited:

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"Bob" the 97 K1500 6.5 diesel is still the highest I've seen. On a 6.5 page on facebook an older farmer posted his 93 with 900k some odd miles, all original too, but this tops it.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=599887

Thankyou kindly for you're telephone call and the interest you have showed in me and Bob,

1 - Bob was leased brand new from Janzen Pontiac Buick GMC from there dealership located in Winkler Manitoba, CANADA

2 - Bob only had 8 kms and was leased on November 3rd - 1997

3 - Bob has beened a awesome truck to me, Bob and I compliment one another, where I go, Bob goes, and Bob doesn't stop till I
do, lol

4 - Together we have beened in almost every small town in Saskatchewan, Alberta and here at home, Manitoba.

5 - I'm a full time farmer and I grow millet seed and sell it to cattle producers in 5 province including Ontario et la province de
Quebec, that's why It has such high mileage.

6 - Bob and I will leave my drive way at 6am and at 12.45pm Alberta time we are sitting at the travel lodge in Peace River
Alberta which is app 1863kms from my driveway, and we stopped 3 times during our journey, being Regina, SASK and
North Battleford, SASK and Edmonton, ALBERTA to re-fuel and eat

7 - Bob turned 1,000,000 kms on DECEMBER 28 - 2008

8 - Bob's FIRST original transmission gave up and came out at 1,007,000 kms , and was removed and replaced in January
2009, my SECOND transmission is still in the truck and its approaching 604,000 kms and shows no signs of quitting soon
Secret to saving and making transmission last is not to overload you're truck and I also change the transmission oil at every
100,000 kms and replaced with fresh oil and a brand new oil filter, and check it every day so you're transmission not over
heat.

8 - My first diesel engine was removed and replaced with a new engine at 1,276,000 km's and I had done obsolutely
no work to it except for starters, alternators and belts which are all life time warrantee except for the belts. Bob still
had it's original 2 heads at that time, but were both crack when engine came out, it was cylinder #8 that had a hair
crack 2.5 inches long, it ran like a charm and it didn't take or leak any oil, I was actually quite disappointed, I thought
he would last forever, my diesel mechanic told me those engines were done at 250,000 kms, but this particular one went
1,000,000 kms more proving that it is a good engine if properly cared for, it only had 8000's of an inch of wear and I still
have it.

9- My first 8 injectors came out at 1,136,000 and same thing with my first turbo. When I went to Oak Point Turbo in
Winnipeg, the service manager ask me how many kms I had, I told him 1,136,000 kms and he said so this must be
3 or 4 already and I said NO, it's the original one and he basically called me a LIAR till one of the mechanics in the
back confirmed that it was indeed the original one and he immediately apologized for being arrogant with me

10 - Bob's first differential was overhauled at if I'm right 768,000 kms and again at 1,007,000 kms when they discovered a
broken bolt ( Seize )

11 - Bob's right front wheel bearing change at 1,140,000 kms and the right front wheel bearing change app 50,000 km's
later, not worth it, do them together

12 - The truck has life time warrantee on STARTER, ALTERNATOR, ENGINE COOLER LINES, BOTH LOWER AND
UPPER BALL JOINTS, BOTH FRONT AND BACK BRAKES, and prorated BATTERIES, they hate it when they see
me, I don't forget what I paid for, so it works in my advantage, just labour cost is involved

13 - Bob is 20,000 kms away from his 19 th set of tires

14 - After CTV NEWS filming, Bob and I went to McNaughts GM in Winnipeg for Bob's 347 th oil change and new cleaned
filter, both oil and filter done at 5,000 kms. I also put a litre of dextron 2 in my oil, app 120 kms before changing oil, that
is you're best detergent and it's cheap and it works.

15 - Bob's fuel pumps were replace once by GM at 192,00 kms then by me at 557,00 km's and again at 1,007,000 and
again last NOVEMBER - 2014 at 1,582,000 kms that pump almost went 600,000 kms.

16 - Bob has burnt app 180,000 litres of diesel ( 40,000 gallons ) and get a litre of dextron 2 transmission oil at every fill, or with in
reason, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or full tank. Bob also gets a new fuel filter at app every 50,000 kms.

17 - I also removed the fuel cap ring so the fuel pump can breath and no more hesitating, or fighting for air, therefore saving
you're pump and lasting longer

18 - Bob's first fuel tank was change last year at about 1,525,000 km's

19 - Bob's 4 tire rim's were change at 1,400,000 kms

20 - What's original on Bob yet is the inside of the cab, it's like new condition, seats are like new, and Bob still has the ORIGINAL
TAIL PIPE, MUFFLER AND COMPLETE EXHAUST UP TO INTAKE, IT'S NEVER BEENED CHANGE, and that alone is
unreal

21 - Bob TURNED 1,609,344 km's = 1,000,000 imperial miles ON APRIL 24 - 2015, at 1.45 pm"