HID Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If I wanted to run HID's for my highs and Sylverstar bulbs for my lows (not changing housing, don't want to blind people) can I just order a kit for my low beams and a harness and use the sylverstar bulbs with the harness? I have no idea what I'm **** when it comes to HIDs.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Or would I be ok with stock housing and HID's for the lows as well?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
definately order some housings with glare shields. i didnt think it was a big deal until i got my new headlights.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
You can't use a halogen bulb on a HID ballast it's totally different stuff.

Just buy some 55w highs around 4000-5000k. I used 6000k but I wish I went with 4500.

The glare shield isn't going to make a difference if you are installing HIDs in the high beams because the high beams don't have them. I've only seen them on the low beams on factory style housings.

don't forget the 4-high mod. ;)

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
On the head lights u have listed i dont see them to have the glare shields like everyone is recommending with HIDs, the head lights with the glare shield with look like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Chevy-Chevrol...7682&sr=8-31&keywords=97+silverado+headlights

these are black but u can see the glare shields in them like u need find in chrome if thats what u are wanting.

as far as parking lights to match the headlights those wont look bad its a personal preference if it was me if i had clear headlights id want clear parking lights like the headlights.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as chevyman said the ones you posted will not work. look for tyc elegant's they are the best clear housing for these trucks.

also if they state the light is a projector and it is for our trucks turn and run as fast as you can. they suck. no one makes good projectors for these trucks.

dont run silverstars. you will waste your money. silverstars actually produce less light then a regular bulb. this goes for any coated bulb.