HID problems! Help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I bought the Xentec slim 6000k hid lights off eBay and put them in today and they were working fine until tonight. I turned them on and notice the right one went off after driving a few miles. So when I got home I checked all my wires, turned them on and they stayed on for a while then went off and then repeated. Does anyone know what could e cause ing this? I checked all the wires and the relay harness and everything is plugged in correctly. It's just really annoying having one light not work or it being dimmer then the other one. So can someone please help me? Any comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If the wiring is good and they're turning on and off on thier own you probably got bitten by cheap eBay stuff like so many before you.

One being dimmer than the other is a pretty sure sign of a ballast on its way out.

That's the thing with eBay: its a crap shoot that sometimes comes up snake eyes.....:(

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad ballast contact the seller Im sure he will send you out a replacement

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck with Xentecs in all my toys.. I did have them in my Yukon for a bit but hate HID's in factory housings so I took them out. I've had a ballast go bad on one of my 4wheelers but Xentec sells that stuff cheap so I just bought a new one.

Are you just using the plug & play kit that plugs into the factory headlight harness? If so, I'd highly recommend running those HID's through a relay. They'll ignite much better and won't be such a draw on your factory harness.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already got rid of a set of xentecs bc they don't have warranties, then I got Optics HID's but the difference they the Optics are digital ballasts and the Xentecs are analog

Sent from my torqued up HTC One

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do a relay for each ballast i had a problem with diff bulb color or ballast and i sent a pic and text where i got the xentec they sent me ballast & bulb that was a good day.