HID PIC REQUEST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright i have the tyc elegante lights (supposedly best for hids bc the glare shields)
well i also have a pair of crystal clear glass headlights

dont get me wrong i love the tycs but i also like the glass ones

the tycs are being such a pita to aim and i had to put rigged spacers between the housing and the grill in order to straighten them out and ever since ive got them the drivers headlight is aimed wayyy high and it doesnt move at all when i turn the adjusters (pretty sure adjusters are broke)

anyways can i see some pics of trucks with hids in other headlights that dont have glarecaps/glareshields compared to trucks with hids in headlights with glarecaps/glareshields.

pics being one sitting in the driver seat, one from a front angle, one standing by the driver or passenger door showing output, and one standing centered in front of the truck.

id really appreciate all the pics and advice bc i really wanna run hids and i have heard without glarcaps they will blind the hell out of oncoming traffic and cars in front of you (through the rearview mirror) and the output will scatter, as well as not being able to aim the hid bulb.

thanks guys hope yall can help me out

tycs
You must be registered for see images attach

Glass

spacers bottom right (driver) and top right (passenger)

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the spacers in there you wont be able to adjust them, the housing has to be able to move freely to adjust.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DO NOT put HIDs in clear housings if they do not have glare shields!! Period! You will never be able to aim them in such a way that you're not blinding the other drivers on the road.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
DO NOT put HIDs in clear housings if they do not have glare shields!! Period! You will never be able to aim them in such a way that you're not blinding the other drivers on the road.

Looks like his low beams have glare shields.

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The glass ones he is wanting to use don't tho. I would try to figure out why the tyc's are not working properly.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i have the glass housing that i had installed previously and liked em just bc they lined up perfect and aimed great, i love the tycs too but they are just being a pita to aim

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can put the H I D'S in the clear glass head lights BUT you need to adjust them down and there is a main light beam from the HID'S that will blind others.

my H I D'S been in for 2 yrs never got a flash nor pulled over by cops. You definitely can't put them in the factory head light housings.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh crap forgot to update!!! I finally got the lights aligned the way i like and havent gotten flashed or anything for them so now its just waiting time til i can get some 5 or 6k hids, thinking either some morimotos. i dont wanna go cheap on hids bc like everything ya get what ya pay for

Last edited: