Hi everybody from Italy!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarioGMC

Reaction score
Hello again! As my nickname says, my name is Dario, i'm 34 years old and i'm from north east Italy, i live in the Dolomites area.
I decided to sign up here because i've just bought a '97 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 SLE single rear wheel, Single cab long bed equipped with the 6.5 V8 Turbo Diesel and automatic transmission . It's an extremely rare vehicle here in Italy.
It has transmission problems and some rust on the body and some other things...but the price was extremely interesting so i bought it.

I'm an old school car enthusiast at 360 degrees, i like more or less every category. I hate nowadays cars.

I'm not new on American cars, i've had a '95 Jeep YJ 4.0 H.O. 5 speed with rear lsd diff. for almost ten years...still miss it, was a pleasure to drive.

Then my other favourite brands are Alfa Romeo and BMW. I've had an '84 E30 320i 2 doors for a while....awesome car and my daily is a '04 525d E39 Touring, i drive 60k kms a year, so a diesel car is the best option.
Now i also have a '90 Alfa 33 1.5 twin carbs.....i love that boxer sound. A true Alfa, nothing to do with the crap they made after Fiat purchase.

I'm used to work on cars, i own a mechanical shop (CNC machining) so i have space, tools...and a forklift that helps a lot.

I'm here to learn, if somebody here needs some help or info on european cars i'll be glad to help you if i can.

I think i write enought. Sorry in advance for my English that, for sure, is not the best.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome Dario! I bet that GMC is a rare sight over there, I imagine it turns some heads !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Dario. You came to the right place for information on America's workhorse, GMT400. By look of it, now the World's Workhorse. I have a '96 C1500 single cab that I bought brand new. Taught two kids how to drive in it. Still has some marks on the seat from their baby seat : ). Still drives strong 162,000 miles on the clock.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of information about your truck and how to make it even better on here. So cool to see how these trucks are all over the world!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Dario.
I'm in Scotland so the same side of the big pond as you. You'll find everyone here ultra helpful and as finding info on our trucks is difficult in our home countries - an absolute boon.
Your English is good enough. Everyone will know what you are saying - but maybe not what an Alfa 33 is.

Cantos

Reaction score
Hi and welcome here.
I‘m from Germany, and of there are some questions about Parts in Europe or something else, ask.
Have a good time with your truck