Hey Guys I Need Help Quick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
any one know if a faulty iac would cause lack of power driving around, or could it only affect idle?

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could it also be because I didn’t “reset” the iac when I installed a new one, and if so how should I go about doing so, (preferably without screwing around with the base idle screw)

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
Grab the side of the throttle plate (where the cables connect) and try moving it back and forth, if it moves that’s an issue, happened to mine.

Also you can plug the IAC port on the back left side of the throttle body to check for vacuum leaks, truck shouldn’t run or start if there’s no vacuum leaks.

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the relearn procedure for the iac, snagged it from another thread when I was diagnosing a vacuum leak.

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also if your throttle body still has the plug for the throttle body installed you can skip 6-8 in the steps.
Do you know if a faulty iac would create the issue I have with lack of power driving around? My guess is it would simulate a vacuum leak of sorts while driving around, I’m not sure.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
... Ive replaced the o2, cts and connector, map connector, iac and connector, tps connector and tested tps to verify is correct, rebuild throttle body, new fuel pump reg. and filter, new air cleaner, cleaned both grounds on top of manifold, new egr, almost everything.
map sensor itself?

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
Do you know if a faulty iac would create the issue I have with lack of power driving around? My guess is it would simulate a vacuum leak of sorts while driving around, I’m not sure.
Shouldn’t affect driving power as it just lets air in while the throttle plate is closed(unless it’s not seated properly on the throttle body), I would guess that relates to the fuel system or a faulty sensor/injector under load, did you replace the fuel filter?
I can’t remember off the top of my head if you did that or not.
I’d also replace the pressure regulator spring inside the injector housing just to be thorough as well.

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn’t affect driving power as it just lets air in while the throttle plate is closed(unless it’s not seated properly on the throttle body), I would guess that relates to the fuel system or a faulty sensor/injector under load, did you replace the fuel filter?
I can’t remember off the top of my head if you did that or not.
I’d also replace the pressure regulator spring inside the injector housing just to be thorough as well.
Has brand new fuel filter and new regulator diaphragm, I left the spring since it didnt even have surface rust on it, also fuel pressure reads right at 11.5