Help with 0411 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pl813239

Reaction score
Do I just tell the tuner to click "no switch" and it'll be fine or what?
Under transmission settings table go to general tab, under configuration it will be set to PRNDL scroll the options and select none, by doing that you don't have to run any wires from the dash and your truck will run fine, you may have a fault for it but can be disabled

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey yall, just finished the 0411 swap on my truck. Hasn't been tuned yet but it cranks and won't start. is that normal for an 0411 swap on a 97 without a tune? or should it start without being tuned?

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
if your pcm is was from a gen iii engine it will not start until it is tuned if it is from a l31 express van it might start and die because of vats if you got a mail order pcm with the l31 express van tune do not see why it would not start I would expect to run/drive bad though until it is tuned

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ahhh that's my problem it is a gen III pcm thanks for your input really appreciate the info. I got scared I did something super wrong for a second.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
back on the first page your post #7 you post a link to pcm for 4.8 5.3 6.0 if you have that one that is what your problem is it you did not do anything wrong just need more tuning

also if you go look on the first page posts #s 8 and 9 my posts you will see pcms that would have started but would need small changes made to the tune

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Supercharged111 that is true, I did take the extra time to go back and make sure all the right wires were in the right pin holes. But that outta be my problem, I got a Gen III 0411 for a 6.0 LS. It should be okay once it is tuned though correct?

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don't think I messed anything up wiring wise now that I know it is a GEN III 0411. I could have very well made a mistake and maybe I over looked something when I went back through the wires... I highly doubt it though.