Help routing catch can for boosted application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I am finally finishing a project on my 96 c1500 5.7 vortec fully built with a centrifugal supercharger pushing 18psi. I had bought a dual check valve catch can from rx engineering but have since lost the instructions. I'd like to lower my crankcase pressure as much as possible and want the best routing with no unmetered air. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you just got 1 can, then it will go inline of the stock line that lead from the valve cover to the intake tube post-MAF. When under boost, the blowby will exit the valve cover and be pumped into the intake downstream of the MAF. With the can in between, it will filter out most of the oil that would have otherwise found its way into your intake.

Reaction score
Thank you for the help! So on the driverside valve cover I would retain the pcv and retain the stock oil fill cap? Or should i be doing some sort of plug or hollow out the pcv or add a breather? I'm running the marine intake and I'm very confused on pcv systems and only references i can find are from ls series

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Driver's vc stays as is. Got a link to the can? I'm in need of one for the dually.