Help me please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a problem. My interior lights will not come on when I open the door. No matter what position the override switch is in. Also my truck won't lock using the lock switches. Instead when I hit the lock switch my interior lights come on. Its frustrating to say the least. Any ideas where to start?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your wiring where it goes into the door from the body of the truck... mainly yhe inside part.. it's in the black cover.. thinking one or more of your wires are shorting themselves out...

sent from what use to be a great nation...

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check it in the morning

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Check your wiring where it goes into the door from the body of the truck... mainly yhe inside part.. it's in the black cover.. thinking one or more of your wires are shorting themselves out...

sent from what use to be a great nation...

x2. inside the door panel. IIRC the bright blue wire is for the locks, it could be shorted out like he stated

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sooooo it fixed itself

:lol: Those are the best kind of problems.

Now hopefully it stays fixed... I bet it's a short in the wiring as mentioned. Bend it the right way and the problem shows up.