Help me fix my door rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shortly after I bought my truck I repalced hinge pins/bushings and door strikers on the two front doors because they were sagging. This removed all up/down slop in the door but they still sat "low". I then did a little research and found that my hinges were possibly bent. I did the "jack on the 4x4 under the door" trick to raise the doors back up and now they sit level and close perfectly.

The problem is that both front door rattle when I drive over bumps. It's hard to pinpoint where the rattle is, i.e. door striker area, top, etc; they just rattle.

I wonder how much the weather stripping has to do wth "cushioning" the door in the frame. The weather strip is nice and soft, maybe too soft??? It does not leak water and I get no wind noise from the doors unless I am driving in to a strong wind. In this pic you can see where the door has been rubbing the frame. I don't know if this was there before I replaced the hinge pins, but it is suspect either way:

You must be registered for see images attach

The door striker has had rub marks on it since I replaced it. Maybe the door latch needs replaced also. The plastic is worn on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

(I can't get the picture of the latch to upload, i'll try again later)

I was at the JY yesterday and was going to pull some latches off the rear of a nice suburban but forgot my torx stuff.

What do ya'll think?