Help. Chasing a hesitation issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Keep plugging away at it, fix the cheap stuff 1st. Then see what happens. There's an old saying - after you eliminate all possibilities whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the solution.

Changing the filter didn’t help any, it seems like it’s slowly getting worse and worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Keep plugging away at it, fix the cheap stuff 1st. Then see what happens. There's an old saying - after you eliminate all possibilities whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the solution.
So I ran into Somthing, I missed a small vacuum leak going from the Tb to the MAP sensor, so I put a new hose on it and it seems to be running better

Dafizuck

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with intermittent stutter.... had an injector going bad. Swapped the electrical from one injector to the other to ensure it was the injector and not the wiring.

Ironjet

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned earlier, check your fuel pressure. I had a pump that was putting out only 4 psi. the truck ran but not well
I chased every sensor and replaced all ignition parts only to get no where

Also, a tbi gasket set with new regulator is only about $25 cheap and easy to replace

Trlrider

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a customers 1995 doing what you describe. New cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and fuel filter since they had not changed. Fact the wires looked like the factory originals with 195K on the clock and the electrode on the plugs were about half what they should have been.
Still bogged. Since idle was screwy also pulled the IAC and found severe buildup in the port and the tip worn badly, replace it.
When checking the timing found it was not reacting properly, in the end a new timing module in the distro fixed the issue.