Hello From Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I lurked around here for a while and then signed up, but just never got around to an introduction post as per protocol.

I'm a big fan of the GMT 400. IMHO, its attractive lines are nod to the 67-72 body style but with modern comfort. I'm an even bigger fan of thier value compared to newer trucks. So much so, I own a few.......

This is my first attempt at posting a pick here so please be patient. It may take a couple attempts.

The first is the summer truck a.k.a The Creampuff. 98 K2500 from Northern California. It was owned by an older gentleman that never worked it. I purchased it in '10(?) with 80k on the odometer. It now has 120+. The interior has been covered since purchase. It's mint. It's always a great compliment when I go to a car show and get waved into the exhibition area.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 13

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The next one is the winter truck a.k.a "the winter truck".
It's a 97 k2500. Picked this one up in middle of nowhere Oregon in '15 with 122k on it. It's up to 150k now. Great truck. It was worked a little but, all and all, most of my neighbors can't differentiate the two trucks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 8

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The next one is the winter truck a.k.a "the winter truck".
It's a 97 k2500. Picked this one up in middle of nowhere Oregon in '15 with 122k on it. It's up to 150k now. Great truck. It was worked a little but, all and all, most of my neighbors can't differentiate the two trucks.
Welcome "Ohio" to the party. Great place for information and idea's. Good looking truck(s) you got there

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 99 Suburban, a.k.a "The Yak" fills the need for an RV.
While traveling up the west side of Michigan we went one town too far one evening. Every hotel in the state booked up at 7pm. We practically drove back to Ohio to get a room. My observation was, "if we only had a Suburban".
Then while traveling north through Louisiana in a brand new , black, RENTED, Suburban, I wanted to drive up on top of levy. You're just not taking that kind of money up a gravel road. That's when I knew we needed the Yak.

In '14 it was the "bottom" for this model. They were burbs available with less than 100k and less than $4k, but I just couldn't get there in time.

I bought this off a CL ad in Fulsom, CA. The seller thought I was a scammer. Then he thought I was just nuts. Bought it for $4k with 120k on the odometer. I recovered the front leather, rebuild the trans and front end and a number of other things. It's very clean. ( I wanted a 3/4 ton, but just couldn't find a clean low miler with a 350.) It does seem like the suburbans just want to nickel and dime you compared to the trucks. But this thing has been coast to coast and up and down every gravel road, lane, and logging road from here to Oregon. It's been reliable and affordable. We love it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 6

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck yes. welcome. newbie hereto. my truck in garage. 6 ft of snow and 30 below zero here. rust belt. kidding. but not