Heavy Duty Shock Suggestions for 1999 C2500 For Hauling Truck Camper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That site looks like it's just marketing, for clicks. It repeats KYBs own material, but doesn't fully understand it. The rods are triple chrome plated. That doesn't mean they're chromed three times. It's a chroming process with three layers....The chromium, nickel, and I think copper.

Westieterrier

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill toss a vote for KYB Mono-Max in there too. I am very happy with them.

Check out my build thread for more details. I lug a truck camper around full time too.

Loving the camper set up, nice.
Thanks for your input 92GMC! Btw, I can't access your profile or otherwise find your build thread, though I am super interested. Post a link if you get a minute. Thanks man. P

Westieterrier

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for all of your considered thoughts here. I just ordered the KYB 565060 fronts, and 565061 rears for a total of $235. Corporate says these are made in Japan, though they do make some KYBs at a factory here. The Mono's seem best for my camper application. Only odd thing is that Amazon said "lowered suspension 2 inches" for the 565060 fronts, but KYB lists no other front shocks for the C2500/C3500. Low is def. not where I want to go! Perhaps it just means they CAN be used on a lowered suspension up to 2" ?? I don't know; lowering a vehicle is beyond my circle of competence. Thanks again!
Wow 92GMC! There's alot to go through here! I've got my homework assignment. If you are amenable, I will shoot you questions over the next few weeks as I go through all this. They'll be many questions, along with a few dumb ones, perhaps, if I haven't worn my welcome thin. I REALLY appreciate it.

Btw, looks like our trucks are similarly equipped with heavy duty components, though yours is def. more luxurious. I have roll up windows, a plain rubber mat, and obvious plastic delete plugs all over my dash representing one or another accessory I don't have. Strangely, I kinda like it as it reminds me of my '66 El Camino (below), but with a much nicer idle, ride, handling (really!), gas mileage (believer it or not), climate system, etc. Thanks man. P

You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That site looks like it's just marketing, for clicks. It repeats KYBs own material, but doesn't fully understand it. The rods are triple chrome plated. That doesn't mean they're chromed three times. It's a chroming process with three layers....The chromium, nickel, and I think copper.
Yeah it was the only head to head article that popped up. Most understand it for what it is, had a bit of useful information. Gotta take everything on the internet with a grain of salt, including this site and it’s opinions!

Westieterrier

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it was the only head to head article that popped up. Most understand it for what it is, had a bit of useful information. Gotta take everything on the internet with a grain of salt, including this site and it’s opinions!
Caman, thanks for your input. I went with the KYBs. Appreciate your time in sending over all this info. P

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
NUH-UH! I'm always right! :biggrin: