92 Truck+Camper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been lurking here for awhile but never got around to starting a build thread. Here goes...

1992 K2500, LD, 6-Lug version. This truck has been in the family since brand new, off the lot. We got handed it around the later half of 2015. It was custom ordered back in the day, I'll post the RPO codes later but its got 14 bolt SF rear end, geared 4.10, heavy duty cooling package, camper package, SLE trim, power 'most things' etc. The usual 350 TBI, 700R4 trans.

I'll try post regularly but here's a teaser, picture was taken start of 2019.

Stay tuned...
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I like it already! Our retirement dream is a cabover on our crew cab dually 400.

You can get them pretty big. Mine's a single slide.

Truck campers ftw. OP could benefit from some bags. If you do them, make sure each bag has its own line or it'll do nothing for roll stability. Could also look into the 8600gvw leaf pack with 5 mains and a single lower overload. That's what I have on my 1500, doesn't ride any worse than the leaf pack he has now. I've run both.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for props. Campers are sick, we use it regularly year round and have a blast with the family. Highly recommend joining the club!

More info to come, I plan to upload the full story (with pics) from 2015 until now as there's been quite a bit done to maintain and get the truck up to scratch.

PS. Supercharged - truck is now bagged as of a few months ago. Heavy leaf pack to come soon!... the 4+1 7200gvw doesn't cut it.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BTW - The camper is also a 1992 to boot! Worked out great, we purchased it in 2015, what a match. Camper is a Kodiak K180, 9.5', early design fibreglass shell, 1" thick insulation w' hard shell interior. These things are warm as and overall a pretty solid design. Its not the single seam new design like the newer Northern Lites and Bigfoot's. You can see the complete seam on the side. Pic's to come for those of you that are interested.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
We want a 2000ish fiberglass side Caribou 11L with the side door and no slides. We plan to put on a ton of miles in all weather conditions and we simply don't want to have the potential for slide issues.

Side entrance is the ****. It was one of my must have criteria. No issues with my slide yet. I'm fortunate to have a floor plan that is 100% functional with the slide in. It's awesome with the slide out though. Slide was also a must have with the kiddos. If it's just you and the wiff you'll be fine without. For reference the camper is a 2007 Lance 1191.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been lurking here for awhile but never got around to starting a build thread. Here goes...

1992 K2500, LD, 6-Lug version.

looks good, what's the GVW rating on the door of the truck? just currious.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get them pretty big. Mine's a single slide.

Truck campers ftw. OP could benefit from some bags. If you do them, make sure each bag has its own line or it'll do nothing for roll stability. Could also look into the 8600gvw leaf pack with 5 mains and a single lower overload. That's what I have on my 1500, doesn't ride any worse than the leaf pack he has now. I've run both.

Holy that's a GMT400 work out, bet even a duramax would notice that :)