Heaters not blowing and its cold!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So don't...get it from Amazon for $98. But I'd do some more troubleshooting first.

Richard

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
pretty sure I've seen a "how to" on building the adapter harness somewhere.

Gimme a while to use my "google-fu" and see what I can find....need to do some rock garden work and drink some chia tea first to get in the zone......:rofl:

Truthfully, armed with the picture above, you could likely make one yourself....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well i thought i had it fixed. I got them wires connected and i think my controls just went out. :banghead: i don't have power even to my fuse anymore. Fuse is good just no power coming to the panel. I had power there before. Is a 96 control useable on a 95 or is that one of the things that non-interchangeable?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Do you have power at the fuse?

You can check it with just a test light. You should have power on both legs of the fuse in "RUN".

If you do, then check (i think) the brown wire at the HVAC head. If you have no power there and power at the fuse, you have an issue with the wiring not the HVAC.

Here's a winging diagram and more to help you troubleshoot:

http://www.pswired.com/misc/pacaudio/acheatersystem.pdf

Last edited:

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No power at the fuse. I had it at the fuse before but once i fixed the ground issue theres no more power to the fuse. Thats why i think the controls went out.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
No power at the fuse. I had it at the fuse before but once i fixed the ground issue theres no more power to the fuse. Thats why i think the controls went out.

If you have no power at the fuse you have a problem before it in the wiring. The HVAC head is after the fuse.

I would be concerned at this point since the ground wire was burnt off and now you have lost power at the fuse. That indicates a large amperage draw somewhere in the system.

Either a component or a dead short. You need to find that.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ground wire to the blower wasnt the burnt one. The burnt one is for something else but im not sure what. The blower ground had one of the connectors cut off.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The ground wire to the blower wasnt the burnt one. The burnt one is for something else but im not sure what. The blower ground had one of the connectors cut off.

regardless, you need to trace from the fuse back to where it sources it's 12v in RUN if there is no power at the fuse now...

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright. I'll see if i can get in the dash to trace it sometime tomorrow. I tested it with a multi-meter, is that a correct way of doing it or do i need a test light?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Alright. I'll see if i can get in the dash to trace it sometime tomorrow. I tested it with a multi-meter, is that a correct way of doing it or do i need a test light?

Meter is perfect.