Heater question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 93 Cheyenne w/t. The heater makes a noise on medium and high. It is a loud squealing coming from the passenger side inside the dash. What could this be and how could I fix it? Thanks...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have has a couple do this, and I would bet that your blower motor is shot, the bearings in them fail, and the faster the speed the worse it is. It is easy to change, and most part's store's can get them, or you could get on from a salvage yard, but it could be bad too.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, I had one that would run quiet for about 1 min. and then would start making noise.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it was bad this morning when i let it warm up. I did it all the way to school to i just put it on low. But on the way home it didnt do it at all pn any of the settings.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was bad tonight on the way home from the gf's house. I will have to get it fixed asap before the snow comes even more.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No im not worried about cost really. Its Something I gotta have here in Maine lol.