Heater fan only works on highest level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just what title says. the fan for the heater and the air only works on the highest level. can anyone help me with this problem? thank you in advance!

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced mine on my Tahoe, what a nightmare lol, its on top of the HVAC box behind the glove box, its easy to get out a pain to get in but the hard part was getting the screws back in the holes I got big hands got it just is not one of the easier things to do

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Mine is doing this, but its my blower switch. If you jiggle it just right, you can get it to come on different speeds. That being said, the resistor is a much more likely culprit

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is doing this, but its my blower switch. If you jiggle it just right, you can get it to come on different speeds. That being said, the resistor is a much more likely culprit

Priced a new one? It'll make you cry!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Priced a new one? It'll make you cry!

Switch alone for 95-up is only like $15-$20 depending on where you buy; can be easily replaced rather than replacing the entire control head. Now if the wiring pigtail up to it is burnt, that price will make you cry, especially just for a plug with some wires coming out of it. $45-$75 depending on where you buy.

But yeah, agreed with others, the usual suspect is the resistor. Problem is, the blown resistor is often caused by a blower motor that is going bad and drawing too much current. If the new resistor blows again in a short while, next time replace the resistor, blower motor, AND check all connections in the system.

Richard

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Thats why im still jiggling it lol. As long as that works, im not buying a new one.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was gonna order one from LMC but they want $220 for the whole assembly. I don't want to buy one from a junkyard either.