Heater core bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdge439

Reaction score
wait, but also, that's after both the heater core and evaporator.. doesn't line up with the diagram above

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s a pretty crappy location. The silver notched dial serves as a position indicator and should rotate as the the temperature dial is turned and the damper positioned.

If it looks like it is hunting or stumbling, then it could be just a bad actuator causing you grief, or (worst case) a damper that has somehow come dislodged. If it isn’t moving at all, see if you get voltage at the connector as it may not be getting a signal from the control panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wait, but also, that's after both the heater core and evaporator.. doesn't line up with the diagram above

I think it’s pretty schematic. That actuator is the one for the blend door, the recirc actuator being above the blower and the mode door (floor-panel-defrost) to the right of the gas pedal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jdge439

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty schematic. That actuator is the one for the blend door, the recirc actuator being above the blower and the mode door (floor-panel-defrost) to the right of the gas pedal.

Yeah, that one I have experience with. I knew it was there. Its trying to move but can't, I'll remove it, see if it works free. Lucky I have the one piece ashtray and charger that I can easily pop outta the way

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve never done one (knock on wood) but RockAuto has a Delco part 1573627...