Headlights not workig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
My head lights won't come on an it's not in the fuse box under te hood or in the cab. Are there any relays anywhere that might have caused it? The market lights and dash lights and everything else works. Except the headlamps. Any ideas? It's a 1995 Chevy silverado

Last edited:

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your dash lights turn on and off and your clock dims a bit when you switch headlights on (and you can use dimmer to adjust dash light brightness, may not be switch. Do your brights work? My 97 did a similar thing, but when the lights were switched on... nothing. Smacking the top of the dash real hard was a quick fix, but it ended up being the switch.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the switch, or possibly a bad ground. Check for power at the headlight directly. If there is power then check the ground. If no power, check that the switch is giving power where it should.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say that the switch is bad, they tend to fail quite often in the oem set up. Pull out your passenger side headlight by removing the two long 3/16" screws. Take a test light (with the ignition in the ON position) or a multimeter and turn your headlights on. Test for voltage by probing the terminal on the headlight connector (Green wire for high beams, brown wire for low beams). If there is little to no voltage at either connector, this will most likely confirm that the switch is bad. Hope that helps!