Headlight Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdeckm

Reaction score
This is kinda a dumb question but are there the wires required to remap the functions on the knob. Like the first position is everything OFF, the second position turns the DRLS on, and then in the most upright position turns on the headlight as it does normally.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it’s me, but I read this like 5 times and I still don’t understand your question. Isn’t headlight in upright position as it is?

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For what purpose? There are people paid to figure out switch design, function and placements. It has been designed to function as is.
Put your own blank in then install your own choice of switch process and activation.

Jdeckm

Reaction score
For what purpose? There are people paid to figure out switch design, function and placements. It has been designed to function as is.
Put your own blank in then install your own choice of switch process and activation.
I would just like a way to turn on and off the DRl with a switch. Where would I start with making my own switch?

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
The way I did it was (since removing the DRL fuse kills the DRL lights), I ran some wire (using fuse taps) from where the fuse originally was (side of the dashboard) to a toggle switch, also installed a separate inline fuse to protect the circuit.

Everything is hidden well, unless someone removed the fuse panel cover, then they'd see a couple of wires in there.

It's really easy to remove in case I decide to take it out someday, no original wiring was cut.

FWIW, I used a burned out fuse to hold the fuse taps in place and a lighted switch to remind me if I left the circuit on.

From what I recall the police packages had DRL kill switch (pretty hard to find nowadays) mounted on the dash. Guess it would look something like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Food for thought.