Headlight restoration before and after

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone attempted this? I bought the Meguires heavy duty kit and some silverstar ultras. Hopefully I will get done by tonight. I will be posting some before and after pics

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
My Dad did his Tahoe, my brothers touras, and my grandpa's buick, They all looked 100x better.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
someone did this for my moms saturn, they looked badass after but like a month later it was hardcore yellow idk if they forgot to do a step or paint the clear coat or what with the restoration kit lol anyways!! just buy new ones on ebay $55 and you get the rear bracket and everythign plus a new set of lightbulbs in each housing am-autoparts is the seller and if u buy new one u get a new reflective on the inside as for the restored ones u dont and might be flaking off or whatever from the moisture of 10 yrs lol

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I used a couple kits from the parts store and didnt cut it. Then I used toothpaste with whitening and it did wonders. Same issue as above though, the cloudy condition came back. Just odered a new set of housings and called it good.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I've done this on several vehicles. It can be done to look good. The problem is what you are doing is removing the UV protection from the lense, and it will go back to yellow if you don't put something on it to protect it.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
everytime ive done them... i wet sanded them first, then used flirz to buff them. They turn out amazing the more time you take on them! I seen it done on tv once, my brother had an old hyundai sitting in the yard the headlights looked more like fog light, that yellow! so i took out some sand paper and went to twn. Turn out so good when i was done!

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I have not done mine because I am going to get clears one of these days

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the 3M lens Restoration Kit, got it from Pep Boys for $24(I think) I used to work there so I've seen several kits come through. It worked great, It has like 4 steps, wet sanding is one of them and at the end you put on some sealer to protect them. Mine lasted for awhile (several months with no change) then I bought some tinted lights. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
i usually just wetsand with a 1500 dry it hit it with a couple coats of clear and buff after come out brand new.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I used a kit made by Turtle Wax i think and it turned out pretty good...it had three diffferent sanding pads and then a UV sealant. Now after 2 years though they're getting faded again