HEADLIGHT HELP! Low beams not working HELP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
So i'm having this HUGE problem with my 97 Chevy 2500.. no Daytime Running Lights... the low beams wont work. However all of the other running lights and high beams do work. When i turn the low beams on, the lights won't light up and the voltmeter starts going down and when it gets near 9 volts, and all of the other lights on the truck dim, then the light switch clicks and they all go back to normal, and then it cycles through again. No low beams throughout this process.

The headlight system is STOCK. with aftermarket headlight cases. (no HID's, etc.)

I have replaced the headlight switch on the dash board.

Im not sure what is wrong with it.. all of the exposed wires appear to be good, all of the grounds are good etc.

What should i be looking for now? it's got me completely confused and the fact that its going dim and clicking draining the voltmeter makes me worried..

ANY THOUGHTS

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
hmm, thats really odd, i wonder if their getting under powered? I wouldnt think so because its stock though. Maybe its a defective swtitch? maybe fund one that you know works and plug it in for the hell of it to see. I would also chec kall your fuse, i know you probably did.. doesnt hurt to check again and go through them. Make sure they are all good.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
yeah, is there a headlight relay (plug in square box) under the dash that could be bad? Or the multi-function switch? i don't know what the deal is, i just dont understand why the voltmeter goes down and then it clicks? like the lights dim dim dim and then click, then they are bright, then dim dim dim and click... as they are dimming the volts are just continuing to go down towards 9

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I just don't understand what would make the volts go down on the voltmeter? is that a symptom of a bad ground or bad power wire?