Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got these from Summit.

They bolted right up to the block and fit nicely between the engine and steering sector. They have a bung for an O2 sensor, and come with both sides of the pipe at the collector. I’m not sure if any aftermarket applications would bolt directly to factory exhaust. The pipe length and flange configuration would be key points of consideration.
You must be registered for see images attach

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most shorty headers are designed to bolt up to the factory Y pipe.
I was wondering if that was the case! As I was doing research, the info I was able to find suggested that the hood gains added by shorty headers was negligible in comparison to stock manifolds. Somewhere in the tune of like 1-1.5hp. That’s the reason I went ahead with the long tube option. Just $.02 worth.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the info I was able to find suggested that the hood gains added by shorty headers was negligible in comparison to stock manifolds. Somewhere in the tune of like 1-1.5hp.
That could be if you just replace stock manifolds and keep the factory restrictive exhaust. If you use shorty headers in conjunction with a mandrel bent Y (instead of the crinkle bent one) to a 3" high flowing Cat (instead of the old pellet style), and 3" straight through muffler you'll see a lot more gain.

Here's an example of the difference between a "Turbo" muffler (red) and a straight through (black) with 3" Y single exhaust - dynos don't lie.
You must be registered for see images attach