Headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hedman didn’t give me that warning,....about warm up cycles. I read “after” I run em, Hedman says, “do not use on a new engine for break in, or it will damage coating”,......foolish me, who reads instructions on a set of headers before installing??? Not this guy.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Hedman didn’t give me that warning,....about warm up cycles. I read “after” I run em, Hedman says, “do not use on a new engine for break in, or it will damage coating”,......foolish me, who reads instructions on a set of headers before installing??? Not this guy.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who messed that up. My headers have some “rust spots” in the coating, but it’s still in great condition.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have the same Summit Racing headers as @kennythewelder too only mine are the G9015 with the A.I.R. ports for emissions, as well as the JBA mandrel bent "Y" pipe (better flow than the OE pipe and collector) to 3" high flow cat and 3" - 3 chamber muffler. Sounds throaty but not too loud.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Where did you get your chrome rocker covers? Been looking for a set for my 98, but most I see are for the older cars with the bolts on the outer part of the cover, not in the middle.

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear I’m not the ONLY ONE either bud,.... hahaha. Like my ol’ man used to tell me often, “son, you gotta be tough when yer dumb”. Teach me to read “all” directions before proceeding,....even the simple stuff like header installs,...hahaha.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you get your chrome rocker covers? Been looking for a set for my 98, but most I see are for the older cars with the bolts on the outer part of the cover, not in the middle.
There are a few decent looking sets online. Just search for center bolt sbc valve covers. They range between $50 and $200

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score