headers with stock floor body drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobalt

Reaction score
in a bit of a pinch i have a set of headers on my truck that wont clear with the body drop and i dont want to cut into the floor ... need the leg room. has anyone done long tube headers that fit in a stock floor body drop or is there a company that has some that will fit in without major cutting? im running a 350 tbi with one o2 sensor.

cobalt

Reaction score
thats what i have i belive. its the flowtech shorty headers and the collectors tuck just underneth the firewall without the body drop. unless there is a actual short shorty set.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I read you had long tube headers. I have no clue what you need now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Cant you just cut the bottoms and make them a couple inches longer? I ask cause the difference of lay frame to laying body is 2".. they barely went under the floor 2" ago... add 2" to them maybe 2.25" to make em not so tight? Im sure a muffler shop or yourself could do it for far less than buying another set :)

cobalt

Reaction score
didnt think about that. dosnt hurt to try. were you talking about cutting and extending the primary tubes to drop the collector down to clear? shoot i could make them into long tubes that way. probably help if i had a build going to show everyone what was going on. thanks for the help

Reaction score
Either that or just alter the collectors to go under the floor, you could probably get some pre bent tube from Summit or someone at the angle you need.. cut it off before the bend at the collector, weld in the section you need and weld the end back onto that? For a lil more money but would look sick as fk, cut the curve at collector off and weld in those braided flex tubes for the curve :) I know alot of front wheel drive cars have a setup like that from factory.

cobalt

Reaction score
if i get that exotic ive had an idea for headers floating in my head of replacing the tubes all together and some how puting a spiral to the pipes from the flange off the head down to the collector...like finding someone that builds 8 sided pipe that can hold up to the heat...

cobalt

Reaction score
yesim....as soon as i get a free chance at the house ive been tied up every night after work with more work if i dont tonight i will saturday for sure. i have about 4+ years of build and changes to post what is a good place to do pictures threw to post them