Haunted 97 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First i would like to say hello and thank you in advance for any and all advice.
Ok I have had the Yukon for about a year, went out to help a friend that was stuck in the mud and he never told me to go right not left so i ended up getting stuck to the frame needless to say $600 bones and 3 tow trucks along with 6 hours of trying we finally pulled it out. Now during this event it was in reverse the whole time off and on about a month after this i lost reverse just popped and nothing. So i pulled trans to find the sun shell was broken. I purchased a complete master rebuild kit and proceeded to rebuild it. Remind you im not a mechanic i build computers. I took my time and followed all the information i was given and searched out for installed the trans back into the truck and i had no gears at all !! So i pulled it back out and double checked everything. Found a wavy plate was missing and the out put shaft was not locked in. Installed it again same thing. Took the pan off and checked all the solinoids they all clicked when hooked to power. So i pulled the trans again opened her up and one of my gears (dont know name of it) its the one that locks one direction on the smaller side and the larger side locks the other direction well it was spinning in both directions so i changed that. Installed again now i have all gears yahoo took it out for a a spin around the block ran fine. Next morning i went to pick up my daughter everything was cool left to get her a backpack for school and at the stop light i took off and it will not shift from 1st at all untill i found out if you release the gas pedal at about 2800 rpm then it will shift got her back home and hooked up code reader nothing not powering up the reader. went to another car hooked it up works fine got the test light out pin#16 nothing pin#4 nothing pin#8 12v. This pin should'nt have that right. The OBD plug worked last week just fine i feel there is a ghost in this truck that is messing with me and its been 4 months now with no truck getting very frustrating . Any help would be great i dont know where to turn now. I love my Yukon everyone else did then this now they all tell me to sell it, hit the eject button. There is a couple photo's of the Yuk in the mud lol good times.

Thanks Mo

Attachments

• stuck side view.jpg
    stuck side view.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
  • stuck 1.jpg
    stuck 1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Good afternoon, yea i went threw all the plugs on the harness and checked all fuses, that's when i went to the obd II sensor but for some reason it wont power up my scanner it did a few days before worked fine. Checked power to the plug and the power went from the 16 pin to the 8 pin blew me away when i found that out how in the world does power jump from one wire one day and ten the next day its in a different wire? checked ground wires all cables nothing is chaffed or cut the grounds are firm .
The fluid is brand new just put it in a few days ago bright red. filter new,pump is working fine,

side note i have spent so much time and effort in and on the truck i am not going to give up i will finish this lol.....