Has anyone 4 linked a rear for off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam

Reaction score
This is my first post so sorry if it is in the wrong section. I look though all the threads and didnt see that anyone has 4 linked the rear for off road not for dropping a truck. I have a 95 K2500 that is just a cheap wheeler. For the price i can buy U bolts and center pins to remove some leafs, it looks like I can build a cheap 4 link. I alread have a bunch of sets of jeep coil springs of many diff spring rates and alot of diff sets of shocks laying around. Just woundering if anyone has built one if they have any suggestions one spring rate/length, mounting position and angles. Im looking to lift the rear a little from stock, and shorten the wheel base a little just running 33s. I know to shorten I will need to move the fuel tank or do somthing for a tank, it is a reg cab long bed. Any suggestions or pics from anyone have done this?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To answer the first question, get a hold of Kyle. He is a plethora of knowledge, fab skills and to prove it has a pretty ridiculous Truggy that's linked front and rear. As far as 4 linking goes there's a lot involved. Geometry is a big one. There's tons of different set ups all of which have some different characteristics. You can find 4 link calculators on line to point you in the right direction. I don't know if you're gonna see anything impressive in gains for a 400 on 33s for the cost of a 4 link, especially if you keep the stock IFS. Leafs are stupid easy and while they do have limitations, they still offer a considerable amount of flex. As for shortening the wheelbase, leafs will be your easy/cheapest route considering you have all the bracketry already and don't have to build new mounting points on the axle and frame. Its just a matter of sliding it all forward and modifying the frame accordingly.

I'm not sure exactly what you typically wheel but with no lift, no suspension modifications and trimming for 35s I've been able to go quite a few places in the rocks because the advantage of a rclb wheelbase. By no means am I attempting to steer you away from a link set up and frame chop. Post up the truck, keep us posted and good luck with the build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC