Harbor Freight Fuel Pressure Tester

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's poo if you use it more than a couple times. The quality of the rubber on the O-ring in the hose is poor and not rated for fuel; it will dry up and shrink, crack, etc. and fail, causing fuel to spray out everywhere the next time you try it. It's a square cut O-ring (unless they changed designs) so it's not like you can just grab any ol' O-ring and put it in there.

For a few bucks more than $20 you can get better quality though you'll have to shop around. $35 will get you an Actron CP7818 through Amazon.

Richard

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I ended up going with the master set from Harbor Freight since it was on sale and I had a 20% off coupon. It worked great, no complaints at all; some items are sketchy from Harbor Freight, but the build quality on this unit seems solid.

http://www.harborfreight.com/master-fuel-injection-pressure-test-kit-97706.html

The results of hooking it up to my truck....not so great.... i definitely have some issues to resolve..

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I got one of those sets for side jobs. works OK, reads about 2 psi off from my Snap on one, so it's close enough to know if you have an issue or not. Haven't had any issue yet and its about 4 years old now.