guage cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my 92, when i bought it, the odometer stoped at 284k, trip dont work, oil pressure gauge dont work, temp guage dont work, and voltage guage works, but when left or right blinker is on the voltage needle moves back and forth with the blinker

im assuming its just a bad cluster all together... does any1 know if they make a rebuild kit for a cluster, or do i need to just replace it?

ive checked local bone yards, and mine is pretty hard to find... non tach, manual trans, and needle guages instead of half moon guages... gm has a brand new cluster fer about 300, i found a couple in new hampture at justchevytrucks.com and they run 75-100 for 165k miles and up... if they make a rebuild kit for fairly cheep ill just go that route

also, i wouldnt mind havin a tach in mine, and ive found a couple that were with tach, does any1 know what i would have to do to get a tach cluster working in my non tach dash?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I would -THINK- you just have to wire it to distributor,#1 plug wire i believe?then pos, neg, then to tach on the dash?
Would like to do same thing in my truck. 5-speed with no tach.. not like I need it, but I like seeing what I'm at.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i know that on the right side of the engine by the distributor and coil pack theres a white wire with a connector and thats the tach lead... but idk if the prongs in the dash that the cluster plugs into is wired for a tach, or if i would have to run a lead from the tach wire thru the dash, and alter the pins that plug into the cluster for it to work

and see im the same way, i dont really NEED it, but it would be nice to see where im at

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also use an auto cluster. Just throwing that out there so you can expand your search a little.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
a tach cluster will swap right in, plug and play 92-94, the 91 cluster has a different plug and wiring.

you need one from a v6 for it to read properly

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can also use an auto cluster. Just throwing that out there so you can expand your search a little.

if worst comes to worst thats what ill do, id just rather not have PRND21 at the bottom of the cluster lol

a tach cluster will swap right in, plug and play 92-94, the 91 cluster has a different plug and wiring.

so the dash is already wired for the tach lead then?

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

also im going to swap to a v8 here pretty soon... so if i get a cluster from a v8 then i should be ok right?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if worst comes to worst thats what ill do, id just rather not have PRND21 at the bottom of the cluster lol

That part comes out and you remove your black plastic cover from your current cluster.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
also im going to swap to a v8 here pretty soon... so if i get a cluster from a v8 then i should be ok right?

if you swap your harness and ecm then in theory yes as the factory 91+ harness got the signal from i think from the ign module, the white wire on the coil can be used on a moonie conversion for the 91 needle cluster swap into a 88-91 so i would think in theory you can tap into that and wire it into the cluster as well for the 92-94 cluster for a v8 swap