Grill swap, What else???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's what I got. What else will I need to do a 94+ grill swap on my truck? I've got a billet grill already (will be getting powdercoated black before installed. Here's a screenshot of my cart. Anything else? I'm confused about the filler piece behind the bumper. There's like 3 of them to choose from.

You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Wait.... you got a 454ss, which means you got the 90s style grill.... IMO those are the best looking blacked out grills out there! rare to find but awesome! Anything wrong with it ? id be happy to buy it off you if your willing to sell it... my truck got into a little fender bender this summer, and my grill is all glued up and hanging on for dear life :(

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I am seeing your picture correctly the bumper filler you need is the bottom one. It goes under the grille.

The other two "bumper fillers" go on either side of the truck, one on each front fender to "extend" the fender to bottom of bumper

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
nevermind

You will need the 2 side peice and the long filler the side dont match up the same

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't forget a new bowtie, corner lights, and inner bumper brackets.

Already got new lights. I thought my bowtie would work? Guess I'll be lookin for one of those too. Anywhere to find one?

Wait.... you got a 454ss, which means you got the 90s style grill.... IMO those are the best looking blacked out grills out there! rare to find but awesome! Anything wrong with it ? id be happy to buy it off you if your willing to sell it... my truck got into a little fender bender this summer, and my grill is all glued up and hanging on for dear life :(

Thanks man, but I don't wanna get rid of it, sorry.

nevermind

You will need the 2 side peice and the long filler the side dont match up the same

You mean the filler pieces that I already had listed? Or something different?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
everything you have listed above...were are you buying them from. I suggest dropping a few hundred bucks for GM parts on the stuff or waiting till you get back and hitting some yards

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
everything you have listed above...were are you buying them from. I suggest dropping a few hundred bucks for GM parts on the stuff or waiting till you get back and hitting some yards

Agreed. The aftermarket stuff is junk and fits poorly.

Re: the inside bumper brackets - mine still has the OEM 1990 brackets. I did my 1994+ conversion in 1994. My bumper brackets have never been off of the frame and they do not cause any issues.