Greetings From Minnesota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drive around 250 miles a week as I use it for my work truck, but anyone using one for private use would be leaving it parked at home most of the time. My truck is also my main hobby so I don't mind spending the money to get out and enjoy it. In saying that our gas is going up another 0.60 cents a gallon soon as the government is broke and looking for any way to get more money out of us. It would cost you around $15,000 USD to buy one of these trucks here in average condition.
Glad to see someone else using their truck for truck things. I mentioned this to @HotWheelsBurban but Mine's a work commuter/grocery getter lol. Never got to meet the last owner bc I bought it at auction, but my truck was used in construction at one point because I found pens in the cab from a remodeling company that went out of business. Doesn't surprise me that the government would use gas prices to raise money over there bc that's what state governments do here as well. My state is one of the best states to live in terms of quality of life and public education, but we're also one of the most heavily taxed states in our country as well. I'm so sorry to hear how inflated those truck prices are down there. A fully restored 1500 is $10k where I live but I know that JDM imports are way overpriced here so owning a GMT400 in NZ is probably like owning a JDM import here. Glad to hear you still love your truck though and are willing to do whatever you can to keep it on the road!

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Thank You! I've been to the U.P. before but that was years ago. Went to Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island and the scenery and food is amazing. Don't worry, the truck is rusty. I just gave the best pics of it. I'll send you some pics later of the body rust. Still less rusty than MN trucks though. Surprisingly, I still see quite a few GMT400s roaming around despite the salt rust and living in an affluent area. In my experience, the Suburbans and Tahoes are less rusty and better taken care of than the pickups. Not sure why, just an observation. What part of Minnesota did you live in? I live 15 miles south of St. Paul. I'm sorry to hear about your C3500 dying here. I've only seen a handful of 2500 and 3500 trucks in my life.
I lived in N i mrod I had a job as a traveling construction worker, and I moved a ton. Although, it was a combination of MN, WI, OH, MI, LA, and GA, I blame MN for it because thats when the rust kept coming with no end.

edit: N i mrod is still censored?

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Columbia, not far from Linn!
Holy Cow! Chances are you did see my truck before! Probably was in better shape and less rusty too lol. Sounds a little weird, but I hope I can travel back to MO one day with this truck and drive on the roads this truck used to drive on and see that part of MO. I've been to KC before but haven't gotten to see central MO before.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You! Sweet looking truck btw. Haven't seen many crew cab pickups. Seen a handful online and maybe 2 in person my whole life.
Thank you! I definitely got lucky finding it and buying it. The stars all aligned. These trucks are usually snatched up in a moment, but the seller was very patient with me.

I don't know how anyone lives in Minnesota. brrrrrrr!

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello from Oxford-UK-welcome to the forum from owner of a 99 Tahoe Z71. You used the forum,so you know what to expect here. Glad to see the community growing. Here's my ride.
Sweet looking Tahoe. I honestly would love to have a Z71 Tahoe as an SUV someday. Do y'all up in the UK use road salt? I know the UK is geographically further north than the States, but your weather is milder bc of the gulf stream and other weather phenomenons that I can't remember. Probably don't see many of those in the UK. I mentioned this to @GrimsterGMC who is from NZ but I've seen on this forum that there are owners from NZ, Australia, Italy, and the UK. From my experience, they love these vehicles (like I do) but parts are scarce and they have long wait times because the parts have to be imported from the States. Because I live here in the US parts are easy and cheap to get so it's no big deal for me, but I feel bad for y'all outside the US and Canada. I sometimes watch CarThrottle on Youtube and he's from the UK. He's what got me into cars (and made me learn British car slang) and he posted video about pickup trucks back in 2016. Even before COVID he was paying around $8 USD/gal which is why trucks like ours are so rare and also why pickup trucks never caught on over there.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I lived in N i mrod I had a job as a traveling construction worker, and I moved a ton. Although, it was a combination of MN, WI, OH, MI, LA, and GA, I blame MN for it because thats when the rust kept coming with no end.

edit: N i mrod is still censored?
Yeah gotta love forum censorship lol. Anyways you were way further up north than I live so I doubt I ever saw your truck. I know a few guys in construction and they often have to wake up early for long travel distances. Not as long as yours, but think St. Cloud to the Twin Cities so about 2ish hours. Rust is TERRIBLE here too and I agree with you. MO is part of the salt belt too, but their trucks are soooo much cleaner than here it was worth the money to have it transported up 500+ miles to my house.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! I definitely got lucky finding it and buying it. The stars all aligned. These trucks are usually snatched up in a moment, but the seller was very patient with me.

I don't know how anyone lives in Minnesota. brrrrrrr!
Glad the seller was patient with you! The stars definitely aligned with that one! Doesn't surprise me that those trucks get snatched up since most 2500 and 3500 pickups were bought by construction companies according to my friend and vintage videos on Youtube. Minnesota has a very high quality of life and good public education which is what draws people here. You southerners have no idea what cold really is. I live 15 miles south of St. Paul and even here in southeastern MN we've gotten to -30 in the winter with windchills as low as -60 in the winter. I'm adopted from South Korea, but have lived in MN since I was 8 months old so this is what I've known for more or less my whole life lol.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Yeah gotta love forum censorship lol. Anyways you were way further up north than I live so I doubt I ever saw your truck. I know a few guys in construction and they often have to wake up early for long travel distances. Not as long as yours, but think St. Cloud to the Twin Cities so about 2ish hours. Rust is TERRIBLE here too and I agree with you. MO is part of the salt belt too, but their trucks are soooo much cleaner than here it was worth the money to have it transported up 500+ miles to my house.
I don't think you would've, I never really ventured to the twin cities until I moved to Superior. You might've seen my truck/Cimmaron if I was going to a Wild game. My C3500 was unmistakeable, it was usually being obnoxiously loud, or the radio obnoxiously loud (hides that belt squeal!), usually full of tools or full of family. Or both :Big Laugh:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet looking Tahoe. I honestly would love to have a Z71 Tahoe as an SUV someday. Do y'all up in the UK use road salt? I know the UK is geographically further north than the States, but your weather is milder bc of the gulf stream and other weather phenomenons that I can't remember. Probably don't see many of those in the UK. I mentioned this to @GrimsterGMC who is from NZ but I've seen on this forum that there are owners from NZ, Australia, Italy, and the UK. From my experience, they love these vehicles (like I do) but parts are scarce and they have long wait times because the parts have to be imported from the States. Because I live here in the US parts are easy and cheap to get so it's no big deal for me, but I feel bad for y'all outside the US and Canada. I sometimes watch CarThrottle on Youtube and he's from the UK. He's what got me into cars (and made me learn British car slang) and he posted video about pickup trucks back in 2016. Even before COVID he was paying around $8 USD/gal which is why trucks like ours are so rare and also why pickup trucks never caught on over there.
Thanks-yours looks very clean too. Yup-they salt the roads here at 0 Celcius-at the mention of frost even lol. Fuel is expensive. Parts I source from rockauto mostly( usually with me within 4 days if I use Fedex)-some members here are also helpful with some of them-in all honesty mist of the parts is not much of a worry. Panels and bigger bits is another story altogether. Not many gmt 400s here-I think I saw more squarebodies than these.