Great and Terrible Parts Vendors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I spent 5 years working the counter for AutoZone, and hava always had good luck with them.

O'Reilly's screwed me out of $1000 on front end parts (Moog, lifetime warranty) that they flat refused to warranty after a couple of years because "they had excessive wear". That was per the store manager.

Summit is awesome, and they opened one up here in DFW a couple years ago, so it's even more convenient for me.

Jegs is ok, no problems with them, but Summit is just way more convenient for me.

I've had friends that struggled to have RockAuto warranty stuff that failed after a week or two, and others that have had zero issues. So I'd say they're hit or miss.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is more of a question than a reply but I have had really good luck with summit probably the best customer service out there but some specific parts I could not find. No problem all good. I have dealt with LMC and have good luck with them, they seem to have some of the things you just can't find else where. Where do you guys go I have read the comments so far and appreciate the info.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For research and finding GM part numbers, https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/.

For actually purchasing new parts, usually Amazon is the cheapest in my experience.

EDIT - The trick to not dealing with any BS on Amazon parts purchases is to make sure the part you're buying is listed as "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and not a third party seller. I do buy parts from third parties on Amazon occasionally but I always check their feedback carefully before doing so.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DON’T BUY FROM PARTS GEEK! I paid $540 for parts which were all incorrect. After 6 calls to 5 extremely incompetent “customer service” people and sending multiple messages they left me $199 short as they just decided to keep my money, with no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why don’t you dispute the charges with your credit card or payment service.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
At the dealer where I work we get the bulk of our aftermarket parts from Autozone. Our store is awesome, but I think they vary tremendously from one to the other. All the chain stores do, it's all in who works there and how competent they are.
Yes indeedy! And good parts people have regular customers who follow them from store to store. My lady at o'Reilly is that way. When my family had our parts house, we tried to take care of our customers and their cars. I still have people come up to me in that area where we were located, that remember me from that store. And we closed in 1987.....
I used to rehab the GM delcotron internal regulator alternator on the front counter. Dad showed me how to take them apart and what most frequently needed replacing, and how to reclock the case for different applications. Back then you could fix an alternator for around half of what a new one was. Now we had rebuilt ones too,and sold a lot of them. Also had an alternator and starter test bench on the counter, and every unit was checked out on it by me before it left the store. That way, the customer can see the replacement part working, and I know it was good when they bought it. Much fewer comebacks....

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Online: I have had great experiences with Rock Auto and Amazon, Amazon has always been easy to deal with returns or refunds
I’ve only ever bought pre cut tint from EBay, but it’s from the same seller I always buy it from.

Brick and Mortar: Napa is hands down my favorite since Carquest became Advance, next is Oreilly which has been hit or miss for me, but still better than Autozone.

bplayer405

Reaction score
So far, I've had good luck with AM Autoparts. They offer a 10 year warranty on a lot of parts. Ordered wheel hub assemblies for my 98 K1500 and loved the price and have had no issues. Just ordered a lower ball joint, stamped steel design. I plan on using them more...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
I've had a pretty good experience with RockAuto and CarQuest. Being from Canada, I don't have nearly as wide a selection for parts that have prime shipping as people on the US