Great and Terrible Parts Vendors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

victor II

Reaction score
I ordered from LMC before I knew Amazon offered AC Delco parts. I ordered a driver’s side outside door handle and inside rear view mirror for my ‘88 Silverado. Not a big order to be sure, but I was disappointed in both. The door handle is cast such that the lock tumbler is upside down and is not an exact match. I trimmed it up with a Dremel. The mirror is plastic and pretty junky. I had my truck apart so I had to install the door handle sine the original was broken. The mirror? I put the original back in. I’ll disassemble it and try to re-silver the spot that need it.

while I like looking at the catalog, I’m not interested in the quality LMC offers.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The mirror is plastic and pretty junky. I had my truck apart so I had to install the door handle sine the original was broken. The mirror? I put the original back in. I’ll disassemble it and try to re-silver the spot that need it.

You can get new mirror glass from a company called Burco, out of Grand Rapids. I bought mine on Amazon. It's perfect.