Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In texas, I only have to worry about surface rust. Even then, you can't see my frame well enough for it to be worth it

I've gotten 2. Both shops said the lift made it impossible to get the camber correct

With my coil spacer, they can get the camber in spec but can't get the caster right. Makes it squirley on the highway but the tires wear evenly. One day I'll take the spacer out for that reason.

How are the tires with the 3.42s? Can you notice a change?

Sent from that one place.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
With my coil spacer, they can get the camber in spec but can't get the caster right. Makes it squirley on the highway but the tires wear evenly. One day I'll take the spacer out for that reason.

How are the tires with the 3.42s? Can you notice a change?

Sent from that one place.

camber, caster, I really don't remember. I just know it wasn't toe. either way, it's not that bad, I didn't notice uneven wear until a month ago :shrug:

I can tell it's slower at accelerating but overall it's not bad... I heard that 33's with 3.42's is terrible so I think I made it out to be worse than it actually is

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
camber, caster, I really don't remember. I just know it wasn't toe. either way, it's not that bad, I didn't notice uneven wear until a month ago :shrug:

I can tell it's slower at accelerating but overall it's not bad... I heard that 33's with 3.42's is terrible so I think I made it out to be worse than it actually is
3.42s and 33s isn't terrible bit it does effect fuel economy lol.

Truck looks good Scott. Glad you finally got around to upgrading.

That Green Jimmy

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
3.42s and 33s isn't terrible bit it does effect fuel economy lol.

Truck looks good Scott. Glad you finally got around to upgrading.

That Green Jimmy
me too! That's my only convern is fuel economy. I think it's in need of a tune up so I think that's next

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too bad I really didn't notice it all that much. Just drove. Any bigger and I think it would have killed me. I would advise 3.73s or 4.10s though. Would pull much better.

That Green Jimmy

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah I think it'll be fine. I knew it'd go down but sometimes I would get 11 with 30's :eek: