Got vomit out of floor carpet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
Girlfriend was a little sick yesterday morning so I went and picked her up. Needless to say i couldnt get pulled over in time and the window was froze shut. I got the bulk of it out and she is feeling better now and wants to try and help me finnish. Anyone know a trick to getting the smell and stains out? Hoping i don't have to pull the carpet, thinking i can just steam clean and extract it. Thanks in advanced...

Sent from the driver's seat of a 6.5 Turbo Diesel

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Pulling the carpet is the best way. Hang it on a fence, soak it good with cleaner, and get to work with the power washer.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
One of my fiances sorority sisters threw up in my truck last November and to this day you can still smell it when the weather gets warm. I have steamcleaned and shampooed and it does the trick well enough but pulling it would probably be best. I just don.t want to tear the cab apart on my 05 yet.

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
I used some stuff my buddy uses at work (he cleans hotel rooms) made speciffically for the puke smell and its completley gone. Going to extract and shampoo it tomorow or saturday and see how well it comes out. Lucky for me I've got a stomach made of concrete. Nothing bothers me. Growing up on pig/cow farms helps i suppose. She feels terrible about it but told her it wasn't her fault. I was more concerned about helping her than anything else at the time. Oh well. She said no more mcd's breakfast for a long time. Glad she's feeling better though.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spray meguiars super degreaser, or simple green on to the carpet very liberally, scrub until it foams, spray lightly with the garden hose, and shop vac it dry, repeat if necessary. This is my go to method for carpets.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Tear out the carpet and soak it in kerosene...

Then burn it

and rhino line your floor... Just hose out the mess next time...

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
Tear out the carpet and soak it in kerosene...

Then burn it

and rhino line your floor... Just hose out the mess next time...

Lol did this with my first truck years ago. A 94 ram 2500 with the v10. Used to drive across small rivers with it and the carpet was almost always soaking wet. So tore out the carpet and rhinoed it. Also had my seats sprayed heavily with water repellant. Worked good

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
Well, 99.9% of it came out thank GOD. I was really worried I'd have to replace the carpet. steam cleaning worked! thanks guys!