Good Front Valance (Without Tow Hooks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I took off my front valance awhile ago with the intention of painting my bumper and grille. The one I have is in fine shape, but I have a body lift. The tow hook holes are well above the tow hooks, so I'd rather have a solid one without tow hook holes. Winter is here, and I guess after all these years I decided it may be a little smarter to deflect at least some of the salt out of the frame rails. My crusty steel lines will thank me when they choose to fail at a later date. :rofl:

They're everywhere out there aftermarket for cheap, but I read hit and miss reviews on their materials and how they fit.

I haven't found any at my local junkyard that weren't broken. All of them had a major crack along the mounting bolts or were missing sections...Mostly because they move the vehicles with a giant forklift and set them in the mud with no wheels/tires on them...[Crunch].

Anyone have one they recommend?

If not, I have a stupid free idea that might work. If I choose to share it, you guys can ridicule me for it later. Prepare to laugh.

Thanks!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
No help here but I'm interested in this also, even people who have had good experience with ones that do have tow hook holes.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I bought one off of Ebay roughly two years ago for like $20. Fitment? Pretty crappy. Holes didn't want to line up it was just really bad out of shape. Me and my buddy just man handled it one day and got it on, only about 3/4 of the bolts are in it. Looks? Looks fine honestly, can't tell that it won't line up lol. Looks like a normal valence. I mean hey, $20 is $20.

Also to be fair i was putting it on an aftermarket bumper so that probably didn't help, but overall not that big of a deal.
Just my opinion if it doesn't fit i would find a way to heat it up really well like leaving it in the hot sun or something and put it on; that way you can shape it while you do.

Here's a fairly recent pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I recall, they are available at the dealer for around 40 to 50 bucks. I’d honestly go with that option. For the hardware, I went to my local ace hardware and got the flange head bolts and u clips for around 10 bucks-lmc sells the hardware as well for around 20 bucks or so.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked one up on Amazon for $20 about 6 months ago. Fitment kind of sucked. Took some effort and a few swears here and there. But I got all my bolts in, and it looks just as good as stock. I'd buy another one if I needed to, because although it was a pain to put on, it was worth it for as good as it looks for so little money

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought mine from LMC truck with the hardware kit. Don't recall pricing but fit was pretty spot on, 2 didn't line up but i could blame that on the aftermarket bumper.

You must be registered for see images attach

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I took off my front valance awhile ago with the intention of painting my bumper and grille. The one I have is in fine shape, but I have a body lift. The tow hook holes are well above the tow hooks, so I'd rather have a solid one without tow hook holes. Winter is here, and I guess after all these years I decided it may be a little smarter to deflect at least some of the salt out of the frame rails. My crusty steel lines will thank me when they choose to fail at a later date. :rofl:

They're everywhere out there aftermarket for cheap, but I read hit and miss reviews on their materials and how they fit.

I haven't found any at my local junkyard that weren't broken. All of them had a major crack along the mounting bolts or were missing sections...Mostly because they move the vehicles with a giant forklift and set them in the mud with no wheels/tires on them...[Crunch].

Anyone have one they recommend?

If not, I have a stupid free idea that might work. If I choose to share it, you guys can ridicule me for it later. Prepare to laugh.

Thanks!
I have one without holes and want one with holes ( putting tow hooks on ). Don't suppose you're in the central ks area.