Gmt800 electric fans mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing those aren't exactly a bolt in? 6.5 trucks got an LS style surge tank, not sure if you knew or not.

I didnt know that about the diesels just dont see many around here. The 800 one is not direct bolt in but not bad to make work

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I trimmed off all the extraneous plastic from the fan assembly until it would sit flush with the core support. Then, I trimmed the stock fan shroud until it was little more than a top plate. Drilled 2 holes through the shroud and the fan assembly and fastened with the plastic panel retainers. Did basically the same thing on the bottom with the lower shroud.
You must be registered for see images attach

That is sweet looking. Excellent job.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I trimmed off all the extraneous plastic from the fan assembly until it would sit flush with the core support. Then, I trimmed the stock fan shroud until it was little more than a top plate. Drilled 2 holes through the shroud and the fan assembly and fastened with the plastic panel retainers. Did basically the same thing on the bottom with the lower shroud.
You must be registered for see images attach
What did you use for the Volant cover? The cover that came with mine is a bit flimsy and I've been meaning to replace it with something different.