GMT400 History

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Yes. That is a 99+ GMT400 color that I believe was shared with the GMT800 platform. My 99 K2500 was that color, and I've seen quite a few suburbans/tahoes/yukons in that color around.

Definitely one of my favorite colors.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I want your old truck.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Didn't the original 6.5 give up?

-Via Mobile-

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1993 was the first year for the 4L60E trans

In 1995 the trans was identical and will interchange with 93 an 94 however it would not operate correctly due to wiring changes and shift sensors that hook up to the shift cable

All gmt-400s before 93 used 700r4 or older style trans

Also when GM put the 4L60E in mass production they made changes to the transfer case an front driveshaft (they did away with the flange type driveshaft)

1992 was the first year they offered an extended cab step side 4x4 also

Reyosito

Reaction score
Of significance and usually overlooked the first run of the 1988 GMT-400Trucks had lines between the gages GM revised the gages in January 1988 I believe all trucks manufactured in 1987 as 1988 trucks had the lines between the gages also i noticed there is no mention of the factory steering wheels The Silverado came standard with a Custom Steering wheel and a Sport steering wheel was optional with Silverado trim The Scottsdale trim came with the standard steering wheel but could also be had with the Custom steering wheel also in 1988 most options were free flowing meaning you could see a base model Cheyenne with power locks and windows 2 tone paint 5.7L V8 A/C Tilt,cruise and then right next to it a Silverado with manual locks and windows with no A/C and solid paint with say a 5.0 L V8 also on the GMC models on the tailgate the Sierra badge in the lower right corner was a decal in the early run models but changed to plastic mid year.....

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...also in 1988 most options were free flowing meaning you could see a base model Cheyenne with power locks and windows 2 tone paint 5.7L V8 A/C Tilt,cruise and then right next to it a Silverado with manual locks and windows with no A/C and solid paint with say a 5.0 L V8 also on the GMC models on the tailgate the Sierra badge in the lower right corner was a decal in the early run models but changed to plastic mid year.....

Yep. My friend has a '92 Cheyenne that had no headliner, no carpeted back wall, but with power windows and locks while another friend had a '94 Silverado with full interior trim, equalizer stereo and manual windows and locks. Both were regular cab short bed V6 autos.