GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2650

Reaction score
Well, I will take a positive attitude and hope there is some good reason that he is out of circulation.
Hope it is just a short visit to jail or some such because if he passed away like so many of my friends then some lucky fool will end up buying it for $10 at the estate sale.
At some point I would report it as stolen.

Reaction score
I’m a relatively new member and haven’t posted before because I have found the answers to most of my questions in others posts:). I have a basically stock 2000 Chevy C3500 with a 454 vortex engine, just over 100,000 miles on it. I love my truck But I’ve been struggling to find the cause of a random misfire that is causing me to get like 4 miles to the gallon and preventing me from passing CA smog test. I’ve tried scan tools from the parts stores but none of them have given me the data that I am looking for to compare to the ideal values listed in the service manual. If rabbit and the tool resurface I would very much appreciate being next in line after bob (I think) to borrow your scan tool! Thank you for your generosity

Bob2650

Reaction score
The first thing I look for on a random misfire at idle is vacuum leak.
No doubt you already checked that but vacuum leaks can be very sneaky.
4mpg? ouch!

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
hey yes I'm still in possession of the scanner its been a valuable source if data but seems I've had it for quite a while now if whoever is next would dm me I'll be more than happy to send it along to whever is next in line

Well, I will take a positive attitude and hope there is some good reason that he is out of circulation.
Hope it is just a short visit to jail or some such because if he passed away like so many of my friends then some lucky fool will end up buying it for $10 at the estate sale.
At some point I would report it as stolen.
Received text from rabbit this acknowledging he is still in possession of scanner.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bob2650

Reaction score
Great news!
I believe I am next in line as I sent rabbit my details back on December 18 last year.
Rabbit has not responded to the conversations I started.

Thanks, Bob

Last edited:

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m a relatively new member and haven’t posted before because I have found the answers to most of my questions in others posts:). I have a basically stock 2000 Chevy C3500 with a 454 vortex engine, just over 100,000 miles on it. I love my truck But I’ve been struggling to find the cause of a random misfire that is causing me to get like 4 miles to the gallon and preventing me from passing CA smog test. I’ve tried scan tools from the parts stores but none of them have given me the data that I am looking for to compare to the ideal values listed in the service manual. If rabbit and the tool resurface I would very much appreciate being next in line after bob (I think) to borrow your scan tool! Thank you for your generosity
Hello, Fellow Californian

If I maybe so bold as to suggest, again depending on your finances the AUTEL MS906BT
(I know it's a little old) but at $890.00-$1300 from various internet vendors, you can't go wrong. It will do our 96'-present vehicles venerable ABS brake bleed, as well as smog parameters info and more (Ask me how I know, I own one!).
Unless it was one of the ones you utilize from the parts stores that you previously mentioned, then please disregard my response. In the meantime, Good Luck to you! and let us know how it all turns out for you.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well rabbit still hasn’t been here. So he dropped the ball on that one.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He already has. All this talk of “oh maybe he’s hurt, maybe he’s in jail…:bawl:
Ok fine, that cards been played. His response of “just been going through a lot here”, but then says “it’s all good”.
So, even if it shows up eventually, it’s still been handled disgracefully.

Racesmith

Reaction score
How is this technology not available with an app and a dongle at this point in time?