gmt-900 hood on gmt-400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
might change my mind, unless i cut an inch and a half out of the front of the hood to get rid of that front bubble

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I really like the red dually's hood. Love the vents and it just looks factory on a truck that's actually "HD". These hoods on half-tons is just flat-out ugly.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I dunno...it just looks like......kinda......ummmm.....oh I know;

Like a receding hairline forehead.

Or maybe like a down's syndrome truck (no offense intended to anyone with someone in their life thus afflicted).

I suppose it MIGHT look OK if the front hood profile was lower and went up to the fake vents in the back. Kinda sounds like it would remind me of one of those really bad late 1970's/early 80's "corvette summer" style hoods...yeuch.

You're also stuck with fake vents on the hood. What's the point of fake vents? Might as well just stick some Buick portholes on the fender.

Opening up the vents is equally pointless and can lead to overheating....unless you intended to actually do a cowl induction style duct.

I dunno, just can't warm up to it.

It's too "bulgy" and just doesn't run with the gmt400 lines at all.

But. like I said before;

Different strokes for different folks...;)

Last edited:

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The red dually is bad ass, except for the hood. I think it is fugly. It'd look great with a steel cowl. I know it's been done many times, but its because it looks good.

BTW...this is a cool pic...

You must be registered for see images

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
At first it looks cool, because it's something new, but the more you look at one, it's ugly.

You must be registered for see images attach

The Chevy doesn't look bad, but the GMCs.....terrible..eh

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
So I did some looking on google at factory hd trucks and now I see why this looks like **** on the obs trucks. On the hd's the grille comes up into the hood about half way, that would get rid of the "bull" nose.
So if I do this I'm gonna see if I can lower the front of the new part of the hood and raise the back about an inch and a half on both ends. Wonder how that would look. and I like the 04-06 hood like is on the green tahoe. Not real big on the vent hood. Not for my truck at least.
So who wants to photo shop some hood Ideas and try and make the hd hood swap look even better!

CrewCab Steve