GMC or Chevy Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking trucks, @someotherguy!

Like both Chevy and GMC, so I refuse to choose! I am more intrigued by the earlier GMCs when their drivetrains were quite different from Chevys, though. Fascinated by the old big block V6s and the V12 ('twin six").
Thank you. I wish I still had both of them! They're years gone at this point.

When you get into the GMC V6 and "twin six" era, mostly the 1960-1966 trucks, I have to confess I prefer the Chevy offerings by a long shot. That really was the last generation that the brands had a few significant differences, and I found the GMC's were a little plainer in the styling department. My all-time favorite truck is the 1961 Chevy and I've had several of them, as well as quite a few others from that generation.

My post was meant to poke some friendly fun at @FA31 since both of the trucks in my picture started life as Chevrolets but I gave them a GMC makeover. :)

Richard

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh! I remember my first time around in ‘94 at 25 years old. I liked the smooth lines and bling of the Chevy grill. In fact, I hated the GMC grill. This time around 30 years later I have a GMC. The grill has grown on me and I can say now I like it better. I like to think I have the big brother to all those cool GMC Denali trucks on the road. Trucks that I can’t afford.

You must be registered for see images attach

l1lartur0

Reaction score
Both divisions had sharp looking grilles for the OBS. There's something about the Chevy W/T grilles that I particularly dig. Not quite sure what exactly it is but it pleases my peepers.

When you get into the GMC V6 and "twin six" era, mostly the 1960-1966 trucks, I have to confess I prefer the Chevy offerings by a long shot. That really was the last generation that the brands had a few significant differences, and I found the GMC's were a little plainer in the styling department. My all-time favorite truck is the 1961 Chevy and I've had several of them, as well as quite a few others from that generation.

Agreed regarding Chevy's styling during that period. Seemed GMC at that time were more focused on producing "grunt work" trucks, especially the 3/4s and 1 tons.